Available Career Opportunities:
Position: Finance and Operations Lead
- Oversee all financial management including forecasting in-country expenditures, funds transfer requests, payment approval and documentation and weekly field vouchers
- Ensure that all financial transactions are undertaken with integrity and cost effectiveness, and are necessary for the purpose of achieving the programme goals
- Ensure compliance with Palladiums financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Palladium Operations team to provide timely financial forecasts to DFID.
- Maintain an overview of project expenditure against project work plans and budgets. Provide variance analysis to budget holders on a monthly basis, requesting explanations in instances of large variance.
- Management of monthly payroll for all Palladium Fixed Term Employees (FTE) contracted in Bangladesh. Ensure remittance of all statutory and mandatory deductions as per local law. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of local regulations regarding taxes, payroll requirements and employment laws.
- Lead the development of the programme budgets with support from the Palladium Operations team.
- Support preparation of Value for Money (VfM) calculations for quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain sound professional relations with the project bank, and stay up-to-date with current financial regulations, including tax liabilities to individuals and the programme.
- Oversee project procurement, negotiating competitive prices and obtain and review all logistic related invoices from vendors – ensuring adherence with procedures documented in the Project Operations Manual.
- Negotiate budgets and contribute to Value for Money strategies of the programme.
- Serve as point person in Bangladesh supporting review and revisions to the Project Operations Manual, working closely with the Operations team.
- Support corporate operations including business registration and country payroll up to 10% of the time.
- Oversee the Grants Coordinator in the execution of the grant process including the call for proposals, selection and due diligence processes. Ensure compliance with Palladium’s grant policies and procedures.
- Support in financial disbursements of grant funds in line with the company’s financial and grant management procedures.
- Provide sound procurement and contracting advice to programme staff based on Palladium policies and procedures. Ensure that all contracts are reviewed by the Operations Team and approved by Contracts and Compliance where necessary.
- Ensure compliance of grants and programme activities with Palladium and DFID rules and regulations.
- Manage the individual budgets of grantees and ensure that no losses are incurred due to exchange rate variations between grantee budgets in local currency and the head contract in GBP.
- Quality assure all stages of procurement, evaluation and contracting for grants and subcontracts and programme activities.
- Regularly review the current grant and contract tracking system ensuring it is sufficient for purpose and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Oversee the Contracts Coordinator who is responsible for contracting technical assistance support to grantees, from the application stage through to delivery. Ensure familiarity with grants instruments, capacity to develop strong business plans, and compliance with all financial accounting, reporting, and procurement guidelines.
- Review and critique the monthly grants forecast submitted by the programme team and grants officer.
- Review and maintain a Grants Manual for grant management
- Oversee all aspects of programme operations to ensure smooth and timely delivery of project activities as per local laws as well as DFID and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Oversee due diligence and financial compliance monitoring associated with contracting of and payments to suppliers and sub-contracts.
- Identify potential and real risk of non-compliance.
- Maintain the project fraud register and ensure that any cases of suspected fraud are dealt with according to Palladium policies and procedures.
- Coordinate internal and external programme audits.
- Make regular financial risk assessments -especially of liabilities, as part of regular monthly programme risk assessment.
- Support the Monitoring and Results Management Manager to integrate compliance controls for grant activities into the programme monitoring system
- Oversee all programme recruitment, ensuring compliance with Palladium policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the contracts of all Palladium employed Sudokkho staff, ensuring that all contracts are accurate, up to date and valid at all points.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of the Palladium HR Policies and Procedures.
- Work closely with the Palladium Operations Team to issue contract amendments and extensions in a timely manner.
- Oversee the Administration Officers in the completion of logistical tasks including, but not limited to, hotel bookings, local car travel, issuance of visa letters.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the Dhaka office, including managing the rental agreement and ensuring the provision of office utilities and supplies.
- Line management of the programme operations team, including Grants Coordinator, Contracts Coordinator, Finance Officer and 2 Administration Assistants.
- Provide mentoring and advice to direct reports ensuring that they are familiar with all policies and procedures related to their job.
- Undertake bi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports assessing performance in the agreed framework against the pre-set KPIs.
- Performing any other tasks as agreed with the Team Leader
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in operations for donor funded international organizations/projects.
- DFID experience preferred.
- Experience in operations, financial management or grants management roles.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, organization development or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in budgeting, auditing, forecasting, financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity establishing operational systems and policies and internal compliance checks and controls.
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel and Word.
- Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Strong analytical, management and organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An innovative and investigative nature.
- Flexible and responsive to change.
- Results orientated.
- A team player.
- Excellent communication.
Click this link to apply.
Closing date: 29 May 2017, 05:00 pm Bangladesh TimeShare